This summer, I wrote a blog about my time in India. At the same time, I followed a blog written by a couple who use it to update family and friends on their goings-on. So, I decided to try the same thing, hoping this will be a way to keep you up-to-date on our life. I (or Tracy) will probably update the blog every month or so.
Now, I know some of you are thinking, "Why hasn't he called lately anyway?" To that I can say 2 things. 1) I've been thinking about it, and I am probably praying for you often. 2) You can call me just as well. In any event, I hope we will talk soon enough.
So, here it goes with our first post...
After leaving India, Tracy and I spent a week with her sister (Trishie) and her husband (Micah) in North Carolina. What a wonderful time of relaxation and fellowship before we ease back into life in Atlanta! Micah's sister (Rachel) and her husband (Brandon) were there also, as were Tracy's mother and mother's mother. (Did you get all of that?) As we slowly got over jet lag and our bodies settled down, we enjoyed not only family and friends but also Micah and Trishie's pool, Jacuzzi, and food.
Tracy With Trishie
Now, we're back in Atlanta. Tracy started her PA education (the actual degree is MMSc). She is so excited to get started and has been dragging (shall I say, allowing?) me to all of her events. Apparently, this year she will be the busiest she has ever been, but I think she finally feels like she is on the path to her lifelong career. She's probably 60% excited and 40% fearful. I'm excited for her too!
Some PA Friends (Ben top-left, Sandy bottom-left, Dave, and Sophia bottom-right)
Rachel and Brandon (see earlier mention) actually just moved to Atlanta recently, so we began spending time with them. We went camping for the first time in Atlanta, and Rachel and Brandon joined us. That was a great time as well. I brought many of the camping habits I've learned by watching my father:
- Cast iron cooking ware
- Breakfast of bacon, eggs, and pancakes
- Meals wrapped in aluminum foil, placed directly in the coals
- Starting the fire with only the previous fire's coals
Pictures from Camping at Stone Mountain
This has been probably all that you can handle for one blog post. It's been a great couple of weeks and summer. Now, I'm looking ahead to the recruiting process and applying to jobs. I'm a bit nervous about that, but I must trust God's will. I'm less nervous about classes and just have to choose which ones I want to take.
No comments:
Post a Comment